Recognition, we all like to receive it. But do we really go out of our way to get it? No of course not, because the best part of receiving an award or more importantly recognition for something you’ve done, is the utter surprise. If we all expected to receive an award for our work then the fake reaction would be noticeable from space and as cheesy as the acting you see on U.S. shows such as Pimp My Ride. Where the supposed utter shock and surprise shown by the lucky car owner at seeing the presenter, Xzibit at their door, is so over the top, as to make one cringe. So you can imagine my utter shock when I realized on Saturday 4th January that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by Hana Telige http://hanatelige.wordpress.com for my review of Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl on this blog. Thanks Hana and please everyone visit Hana’s blog above and tell her what you think of it because to all of us plying our trade as bloggers/writers on the web, the best thing we can ever get is feed back and recognition.
So, what is a “Liebster Award”, according to the research I’ve done on the web, it’s an online award given to new blogs which have a following of less than 200 or 2000 followers, depending on what you read. There is no prize or fancy black tie ceremony with a red carpet, just the online accolade and benefits of increased awareness of your blog. I’ve already seen that, especially after I posted the news on Facebook, thanks to all my friends’ and acquaintances, who’ve sent messages of congratulations and wished me well in person. There’s is also a little bit of work to do as a result of a nomination.
1) I have to thank my nominator by linking them in this acceptance blog (done above), but again thanks Hana.
2) I have to answer 10 questions set by Hana (some award nominators request 11 and 11 random facts, but I think Hana is going easy on her nominees) .
3) I have to nominate 10 other blogs for a Liebster (This is harder then it sounds, most of my ten have somewhere between less the 200 and 2000 followers. If you have more, sorry, I hope you appreciate the award and graciously accept it).
4) And finally set 11 questions for these bloggers to answer.
So here are the 10 questions set by Hana:
1) Why did you start a Blog? It was originally as a way to express my musings on life and events in the news, that blog was on BlogSpot but about two years ago I started putting book reviews on it, then last November I set up this Word Press blog to cater solely for my book reviews.
2) What is your favourite video game? Currently it’s GTA5 as that’s what I’m playing at the moment, but the best ever game was a little known title called Flight Unlimited 3 by Looking Glass studios and EA. As a flight Sim it was very realistic and gave me hours of fun flying various planes all over Washington State.
3) What’s the first thing on your bucket list? Why? God, There’s still so much I want to do, that I don’t really know what is top of my list , or why.
4) Would you want to live for ever (at the age you are now)? Why or why not? Yes, because like most people I’m scared of dying. Although in all seriousness I know I’ll die some day, despite all the major advances in medical science.
5) Favourite quote or one that makes you think? Some days you’re the pigeon, some days you’re the statue.
6) Why do you like your favourite food? Wine, because no two bottles are ever the same and it’s 5pm somewhere.
7) What’s the first book you remember loving? Shall We Tell The President by Jeffery Archer
8) What instrument would you most like to play? The Piano
9) Favourite thing that happened in 2013? Spending a week hill walking in Derbyshire, while also sampling some great local ales.
10) What are you most excited about in 2014? Seeing my best mate Ivan, whose been travelling around the globe, he returns in February.
Now for my ten lucky nominees, well done. http://maresespieces.com/
I need 11 random facts and 11 Nominations and 11 questions, might as well stick to the rules.
My 11 questions to my nominees:
- What was the last book you read? How did you come to read it?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure?
- If you could ask someone dead or living (they don’t have to be famous) a question what would it be?
- If you could be the witness to some event in history what would it be? And why?
- What’s the worst present you ever got and regretted giving?
- Where’s the best place you’ve visited on a holiday? Why?
- Have you ever Book Crossed and if so where’s the strangest place you left a book or found a book?
- Do you remember your first kiss? Go on, who was it and have you seen that person since?
- What books are on you TBR list for this year 2014?
- Where were you on 9/11, how did you hear about the news?
- When was the last time you cried, why?